The 89th F.I.C.C. Rally
Period of the Rally
The 89th International F.I.C.C. Rally will take place from the 28th September to the 6th October, 2019 on the occasion of the 50th Anniversary of Japan Auto Camping Federation.
Venue of the Rally
The Rally will take place at Hatoriko Highland in Ten-ei Village of Fukushima Prefecture.
Access to the site
(1) For most international visitors to Japan, access to the site will be to fly into either Haneda or Narita International Airports, transfer to railway stations Tokyo or Ueno, and take the Shinkansen (Bullet Train) to Shin-Shirakawa, which is a one hour twenty minute high speed ride, and then 30 minutes on a shuttle bus to Ten-ei Village.
(2) It is also possible to rent a passenger car or a motor caravan and drive from Tokyo on the Highway and it will take at least three hours for the 220km journey.
Facilities of the Rally
(1) The center of the rally venue is the Hatoriko Highland Community Center which has all necessary facilities and enough space for gathering for the opening and closing ceremonies. There is a large grassed outdoor area, where a stage will be erected, and an indoor area that can accommodate 250 people for different entertainment programs. It will house the Rally reception, information and administration offices on the ground floor, as well as the F.I.C.C. Secretariat on an upper floor.
(2) Next to the Community Center is the Michi-no-Eki (Roadside Station) “Hatoriko Highland” which stocks special products produced in Ten-ei Village and some perishable foods are available.
(3) In vicinity to the Community Center there is an Assembly Hall which can accommodate about 1000 people, where you can enjoy every evening not only and eating and drinking, but also Interaction with people.
(1) There are two auto-camping grounds which are available for rally participants. One of them is called Angel Forest Nasu-Shirakawa, approximately 1.5 km north of Community Center, which has 77 camping pitches, 50 modern dome-shaped cottages for 2 to 4 persons, 50 wooden cottages for 4 to 8 persons, a restaurant seating 250, a shop, swimming pool, tennis courts, lake for fishing and two types of Onsen (hot springs). It is intended that all international visitors will stay here and they will have access to all the facilities of the site.
(2) The other rally site is called Hatoriko Lakeside Auto Camping Ground, located approximately 1.3km north of the Community Center with space for 45 tents, 12 bungalows and 3 cottages.
(3) All those facilities are located within a radius of about 1.5 kilometers from the Community Center. Those facilities will be connected by a shuttle bus, but campers can comfortably walk the short distance. They can also rent a mountain bike to explore the surroundings.
(4) Furthermore there are 10 locations for bed & breakfast in the area, between 0.5km and 2.3km from the Community Center, with a total number of approximately 300 beds, where breakfast and dinner will be available.
(1) There will be a variety of traditional cultural events, food and wine as well as friendship events, especially cooking contest and local sake party.
(2) You will be also offered opportunities for outdoor activities such as golf, tennis, trekking or fishing as well as Onsen (hot spring).
(3) During the rally we will celebrate the 50th anniversary of Japan Autocamping Federation.
Sightseeing bus tours
Excursion 1: Tsurugajo Castle Samurai Course in the Aizu Area
You will visit Samurai Houses; Tsurugajo Castle; Aizu Clan School and a Japanese sake brewery. During the tour you will enjoy a traditional local lunch.
Excursion 2: Fruit Picking in the Fukushima Area & Asahi Beer Garden Course
You will pick pears, apples or grapes at tourist orchards in Fukushima City, then you will visit Asahi Beer Factory where you will enjoy “Genghis Khan” (mutton barbecue) and freshly brewed beer.
Excursion 3: Trekking Course around Goshikinuma Marshes in the Urabandai Area
You will stroll in the splendid cliffs called “To-no-hetsuri” cliffs as well as old post town called “Ouchi-juku”. You will enjoy Japanese noodle at lunch.
Excursion 4: Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant Inspection Course
You will visit Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant and look around from reactor No.1 to No.4 from the window of the vehicle. During the tour you will get a special lunch box.
Excursion 5: Nikko (World Cultural Heritage Site) Course in Tochigi Prefecture
You will stroll around Lake Chuzenji, Kegon Falls and Nikko Toshogu Shrine. At lunch you will enjoy a tasty Nikko specialty.
- Adult (over 23 year-old)
- 18,000 YEN
- Youth (13-22 year-old)
- Child (6-12 year- old)
- 9,000 YEN
- Infant (under 6 year- old)
Registration & Payment
All registration should be done from the special homepage for the rally.
In order to access to the homepage you should enter the address http://www.89thficcrally.com/ or you will find the rally logo on the top page of F.I.C.C. homepage and click it.
Then you can select your language among English, German and French.
After completing the booking form, you can settle the fees with your credit card.